It’s pretty incredible, when you think about it, that designers are still able to think up new designs for something as commonplace and old as a table. A table! They’ve had tables for such a long time; you’d think we’d have exhausted all the different options there are for them! Well, our favorite designers this year really outdid themselves when it comes to tables; the proof is in all the new modern tables 2Modern debuted this year! We enlisted the help of 2Modern founder Jennifer Sitko to grab her favorite new to 2Modern in 2011 furniture options. She did a stand-up job. Today’s round-up task: awesome new-to-2Modern (and many newly-designed this year) tables of 2011:
- Arktura – Ricami Stool / Side Table Who said modern can’t be patterned and textural?
- Gus* – Prairie Tables (Set of 3) So quaint, cute and functional.
- Gus* – Stump Coffee Table When you want that monotone, natural feel.
- Blu Dot – Lily Pad Coffee Table Like three tables in one!
- BDI – Eras Tables Simple, MCM-inspired and warm.
- Boom – Metro End Table Love those thin, no-nonsense legs.
What were your favorite new modern tables in 2011? Did one particular coffee table or side table really catch your eye this last year? Did one company really stand out from the rest in terms of designing new tables? What are you looking forward to seeing in 2012? Let us know in the comments!!